Are you feeling romantic today? I hope so because this feature is all about love and I’m going to tell you why you really need to have an engagement photo shoot. As a London wedding photographer, I work with so many loved up couples on their wedding days but also before the big day too, capturing them in natural engagement photography sessions that are the perfect pre-wedding treat for so many reasons and, if you need to know why these shoots are a great idea, read on…
1. GETTING TO KNOW YOU… So, the first reason why you need an engagement photography session is pretty simple – it’s so we can get to know each other. I’m an experienced London wedding photographer but every client is different and I never assume I’ll know exactly what you want. We’re all different and I want your wedding photographs to be truly yours so it’s vital that we get to know each other before your wedding day. During an engagement photo shoot, we can talk about you, your plans and even those things you’re worried about so come the big day, it’s like having a friend as your wedding photographer.
2. HAVING FUN… Oh yes indeed, an engagement photo shoot is a lot of fun and it’s a great opportunity to take a little time out as a couple. My engagement photo shoot Pinterest board is full of ideas for shoots and I promise you that we’ll have a lot of fun creating a session that’s perfect for you – from a pillow fight or romantic walk in the park to an intimate shoot at home or a styled shoot with the prettiest props imaginable. Whatever your idea of fun is, we can build it into your engagement photography session.
3. BEING YOURSELF… Just as you want to plan a wedding that’s true to you and reflects you as a couple, you want your engagement photo shoot to do the same. During my years as a London wedding photographer, I’ve worked with many different types of couples from city high-fliers to creative dreamers and it’s really important that you have the courage to stay true to yourself. Being ‘you’ during your engagement photo shoot is perfect practice for staying true to yourself on your wedding day too.
4. TRYING THINGS OUT… An engagement photography session is the best rehearsal for your wedding day photography you could possibly wish for! During your shoot, we can try out poses, practice those things that might not come naturally and just see if you’re really happy recreating those images you’ve seen on Pinterest! This is the time to try things out so your wedding day is as relaxed and as natural as possible.
5. IMAGES YOU CAN USE… Lots of couples use the images from their engagement photo shoot for their save the date cards, wedding website or even just in their social media feeds. If you know you want to use your images for something specific (or even if you just want to have prints framed for your home), let me know and we can come up with something personal and natural just for you. Take a look at my Pinterest board for some fab ideas.
6. BEING CENTRE STAGE… There’s no hiding from the fact that on your wedding day, you’ll be centre stage so getting used to that feeling during your engagement photography session can help hugely. I know all the best spots in London for photography if you want to get out and about and star in a shoot with London’s landmarks behind. You’ll certainly get used to people watching you having your photo taken and in fact, you might even become a temporary tourist attraction yourself!
7. CREATING SOMETHING SPECIAL… As you’ll see from my engagement shoot Pinterest board, there’s really no limit to what we can do during your shoot and creating something special just for you is something I love to do. As well as specialising in London & UK wedding photography, I’m also a destination wedding photographer and travel a lot so if you like the idea of combining your shoot with a romantic break, let me know and we can organise a shoot overseas. I’m also frequently working as an Italy Wedding Photographer and a Greece Wedding Photographer. Take a look at my wedding portfolio right here.
8. LEARNING TO IGNORE THE CAMERA… It’s quite often those wedding photographs where you’re unaware that the camera caught you that really are special. The groom’s reaction as his bride walks down the aisle, a glance during the ceremony or an emotional moment during the speeches, they’re the images that wedding photographers love to capture and an engagement photo shoot makes this possible. You see, during the shoot, you start to forget that the camera is there – you can ignore it and just be ‘in the moment’ without feeling that you have to pose or make sure you’re looking immaculate for the camera.
9. MAKING THE MOST OF THE MOMENT… The build up to your wedding day is really special but it can also be really busy. Your engagement photo shoot is the perfect opportunity to escape from every day life and get back to being romantic and intimate. It’s a chance to reconnect with each other and make the absolute most of your time together. If you want to laugh, cuddle, kiss or pull faces, feel free! This is your time together and you can do exactly what you want with it. If you want to include your dog, walk through falling leaves or visit a somewhere you’ve always wanted to go to, let’s do it!
10. ADDED WEDDING DAY CONFIDENCE… Lastly, and probably most importantly, your engagement photo shoot gives you added wedding day confidence. You’ll know that having photos taken is a lot of fun, you’ll be sure that you look great, you’ll trust me to deliver images you’ll love forever and you’ll be happy being yourselves in front of the camera, confident that by just being yourselves, you’ll have the best set of wedding photographs ever!
To celebrate brilliant engagement photo shoots, I’m currently offering something very special to all clients who book me to be their wedding photographer between now and Friday 27th November 2015. If you book before midnight on Black Friday, you’ll receive a free engagement photography session! Now that’s something to brighten up the end of November and you can find out more on Facebook right now!
and receive your FREE engagement session.
I love to photograph London weddings and as a London wedding photographer, I know the capital inside out. I’d love to help you as you plan your wedding in London and I’d be thrilled to be your wedding photographer. For more information on my London wedding photography, do take a look at my wedding photography gallery. If you’re marrying overseas, you’ll also find my destination wedding photography services here too.